Best Power Wheels Review- Update 2017
Buying gifts for kids are never easy, especially for those toddlers who are very picky about their games and toys. There are so many gifting options available that picking out the right product may seem like a mammoth task. However, if you're a parent who wants nothing but the best for the child, take a look at our recommendation of best power wheels available in the market today.
Sure, these Electric ride-ons may seem to be slightly on the expensive side, but they make for fascinating gifts nonetheless. So, just buy one among our recommendation of best power wheels that piques your fancy and see your kid have countless hours of fun!
Top 5 Best Power Wheels Review
1of 5 Fisher-Price Power Wheels Dune Racer, Pink
When it comes to the power wheels available in the market, our top choice undoubtedly had to be the Fisher-Price Power Wheels Dune Racer. This product features Monster Traction drive system that powers through mud, wet grass, ruts, and other uneven surfaces with utmost ease.
Features and Benefits
- This model has been designed to overcome typical backyard bumps without getting stuck and looks exceptionally stylish as well. It can run effortlessly on wet grass, hard and rough surfaces thanks to the Monster Traction system. The car drives at a speed of 2.5 mph and 5 mph forward and 2.5 mph in reverse.
- The model comes with Power -Lock Brake for additional safety and control. Bucket style seats for kids along with metal sidebars for hand support provide perfect comfort to let your kids play hours at a time.
- There is also a 12 V battery and power adaptable charger. Why is this among the best power wheels? Well, Power Wheels Dune Racer offers two speeds, one for beginners and another for more experienced riders. If your kid has never driven before, you can configure the settings of this model to let him/her begin at a speed of 2.5 mph. This will allow your child to cruise effortlessly and have great fun doing so. When they've gained some experience, crank up the maximum speed to 5 mph in forward direction to leave them overwhelmed with joy! Relax; there is no question of your child getting involved in a mishap because the reliable Power -Lock Brake does its job without failing.
- Moreover, this product is durable as it consists of a sturdy steel frame that can support up to 130 lbs of weight! Chrome wheels, flashy pink color, and outstanding durability make this product a fantastic purchase. Your kid will love it, and so will you. So go ahead and buy it now!
2 of 5- Best Choice Products 12V Ride On Car Truck W/ Remote Control, 3 Speeds, Spring Suspension, LED Lights
One of the most recognized names in the area of Ride -on cars happens to be Best Choice Products. The 12V Ride On Car Truck is yet another fantastic release by the company that is made to win hearts of both children and their parents.
Features and Benefits
- What makes one of the best power wheels? It's the fantastic combination of a real truck design and advanced features that make this product truly shine. There is no way your kid would be disappointed once you give him/her this unique toy.
- This is a single child Ride -on car is equipped with a steering wheel and foot pedal accelerator. It comes with 14 -inch traction wheels equipped with functional Spring suspension system. There are three -speed options: 12 V motor for high, medium, and low speeds Highly attractive design and non-toxic plastic body make for outstanding visual aesthetic Additional controller option for parents Package includes rechargeable 12 V 7 Ah batteries and easy charger Dual Option Music for more fun Among all the high-tech features, the ones that truly impressed us are the 2.4 GHz parental controller and Dual Option Music.
- The controller comes with push buttons for forward/reverse, left/right turns, and buttons for an emergency stop as well as speed settings. This feature alone makes it one of the best power wheels on the market today.
- The Dual Option Music will allow your child to play the inbuilt musical tunes and radio, or take control of the included AUX cord and run their own playlist. Best Choice Products 12V Ride On Car Truck is truly a life-sized
- vehicle in a teeny tiny model. For the price at which this car is available among best power wheels, we say that the Bast Choice Products 12V Ride On Car Truck is an exceptional value for money product.
3 of 5- Fisher-Price Power Wheels Ford F150
The small yet powerful Power Wheels Ford F150 model by Fisher-Price is an excellent choice for a toy electric car. This model pretty accurately resembles the original Ford F1 50 truck while bringing all the goodness of a product that a child will enjoy.
Features and Benefits
- It is durable, spacious, and incredibly comfortable to drive on a variety of surfaces. And the best part is perhaps the fact that this among one of the best power wheels available right now. So, even if you're a bit tight on budget, buying this won't stress your pocket. Features of the product include big and rugged tires that lets model by Fisher-Price makes a solid first impression.
- Comes with a roomy truck bed as a space for cargo; under the hood, there is a pretend engine that succeeds in lending authenticity to the toy. The vehicle can go up to 3.5 mph in both forward and reverse. It also has no problem traversing through grass and other hard surfaces Apart from the fact that this fully functional replica is very modestly priced, it has also effortlessly packaged many exciting features. Starting from the make-believe engine to a moderate level of speed of 3.5 mph, this toy car is indeed something every child will enjoy.
- What makes this product even more popular among the best power wheels is because the kids can go off-roading in complete safety. Thanks to the electronic braking system, the car is stopped in its tracks as soon as the driver's foot moves away from the pedal.
- The Fisher-Price Power Wheels Ford F150 has been made of extremely durable plastic that is capable of supporting up to 65 LB (29.5 KG), so there is no question of the model getting damaged any time soon. Gift your kid this power wheel to build up their motor skills and boost their self-confidence of eventually driving real cars.
4 of 5- Power Wheels Disney Frozen Jeep Wrangler
Coming forth on our list is yet another product by Fisher-Price, and this time in the form of Power Wheels Disney Frozen Jeep Wrangler. This model comes with space to seat 2 and offers exhilarating riding experience on a variety of terrain. With adorable visual aesthetic, fully functional doors, and the style of Jeep Wrangler, this product truly shines among our other choices of the best power wheels.
Features and Benefits
- Realistic style of Jeep Wrangler brings a breath of fresh air in terms of visual design The color theme has been borrowed from the highly popular Frozen movie by Disney. The product has roomy back storage area for storing cargo. Can go up from 2.5 to 5 mph forward and 2.5 mph in reverse and accommodate 2 (one driver and one passenger).
- Functional doors that open and close lens that extra bit of authenticity to this model Having produced a countless number of unique toys for kids, Fisher-Price has once again shown what they are capable of with the Disney Frozen Jeep Wrangler.
- This product just doesn't look good; it's very robust and can accommodate as much as 130 pounds! The speed levels are perfect for both beginner and advanced level drivers as they can manually select what they're comfortable with. Once your child is behind the wheel, he/she will get to learn about the mechanics of driving a car and not to mention the joy that comes with riding with a friend.
- If you're concerned about the safety aspect of this power wheel, don't worry because Fisher-Price has included Power -Lock brakes as well. If you're searching for best power wheels, you won't find a lot of brands in this industry that holds the same level of respect as Fisher-Price.
5of 5- Best Choice Products 12V Ride On Car Truck w/ Remote Control, Leather Seat, UV Lights
Last but not least, we'd like to include another ride on car manufactured by Best Choice Products in our list. This model is not only stylish and appearance but also extremely durable when put to severe test. Not only can you expect your kid to learn the ropes of driving through this toy car, but also see them having countless hours of fun.
Features and Benefits
- This model is appropriate for children aged between 3 to 6 years and is a perfect gift in the power wheels category thanks to its affordable price tag. Don't go anywhere; check out its features for yourself.
- This Ride -on car can reach a maximum speed of 5 m per hour due to its 12 V motor. The design is highly attractive and should appeal to almost all kids. It comes fully prepared with ABS plastic body, adjustable seatbelt, and comfy leather seats.
- There are also fully functional LED lights for maximum realism. Every purchase comes with rechargeable 12V 7Ah batteries and AC charger Apart from the features mentioned right above, the 12V Ride On Car Truck by Best Choice Products consists of a remote control with multiple pushbuttons. Using these, your kid will be able to move the car forward/reverse, left/right, stop the vehicle, as well as run at high/low speeds.
- It's always a good practice to encourage your child to buckle up the safety belts, so don't forget that. This model is perfectly operational via the foot pedal accelerator and steering wheel combo. Once your toddler gets the hang of driving the car, it's very unlikely they'll require your supervision any further.
- Not only do we strongly recommend this product to everyone, but believe that the Best Choice Products 12V Ride On Car Truck w/ Remote Control is one of the best power wheels available in this price range.
Best Power Wheels Buyer’s Guide
Ever wondered exactly what are the things that make kids go crazy over Power wheels? These toys are no doubt excellent gifts for children that guarantee to not only put a smile on their face but also make them overwhelmed with joy. It is every parent's wish to keep their children happy and what better way to do it than by gifting one of the best power wheels available in the market.
Why buy the best power wheels?
When you give to your child this time, he/she will not only get to have fun but also develop their motor skills.The best power wheels that come with realistic features can be quite useful for kids in improving their coordination, develop a sense of focus, and enhance overall motor skills that would aid them in driving a real car once they become adults.
However, buying a product such as this is not easy, especially when there are so many varieties available to choose from. Yes, these Ride -on cars for kids are highly popular because of their ruggedness, great fun quotient, and sometimes even low prices that parents can easily afford.
The two broad categories of power wheels available now are 06 Volt and 12 Volt. However, just knowing the volt is not enough because you need to consider the age of your kid, the weight of the product, and a lot of other factors before making the purchase. Choosing the right power wheel among so many is not an easy
task, but we are here to make it a bit easier.
How to buy the best power wheels?
To find the best product that matches your requirements, you have few ways to go about doing the job. A few of the common things that you must bear in mind are the following:
- Age group: Once you go looking for the best power wheels on the market, you'll notice that most companies manufacture these toys in two age categories. You can either buy a power bill for a 1 -3 -year -old or a 2 -5 -year -old. Very few factors play a bigger role in choosing the right model and size than the age of your child, so please keep this in mind.
Moreover, you'll find some of these toys have many sophisticated features while others are rather simple. You have to make a choice about the bast power wheels based on your preference and budget. But if experience counts for anything, we've usually observed that all kids prefer having to feature enriched toys than their younger counterparts.
- Power: Speed plays a huge role in the selection of this toy, which is why it's important for you to ensure that you pick a product with the right power. If your choice among the best power wheels produces a speed that a 2 -year -old cannot handle, you will no doubt spoil all the fun. Similarly, if a power wheel goes too slow for a 4 -year -old, then he/she won't be able to have fun. So, choosing the right product having "age appropriate power is extremely crucial if you want your child to have a good time riding their car. Of course, the power of a model also serves as a determining factor in its price, so there's no ignoring that.
- Size: Luckily, most power wheels come at a size that suits the majority of average shapes and sizes of kids. However, you must still take into account the size of your child and the toy to ensure that he/she has a comfortable experience driving around the vehicle. The one thing you should not absolutely do is only take a look at the age label on the product and assume that it's going to be a fit for your child. As you already know, some kids tend to be more physically developed than others of the same age. Your child may be taller or a bit heavier than others of his/her age. So, it's important that you not only You can look at the age recommendation but also customer reviews of the product to judge if it would be the best fit for your child.
- Durability: The last thing anyone wants ever to experience is their purchase of choice going 'belly up' even before it was extensively put to use. Yeah, we are all familiar with the feeling of disappointment that comes with our favorite gadgets are toys are going bad before a reasonable amount of time. This is why you must consider durability to be a crucial factor when choosing the best power wheels. Always remember, it's better to go for a rather expensive durable product than buying a low -quality item that's available for cheap. And this rule applies to possibly every consumer product, not just power wheels.
- Appearance: Hey, we don't blame you for wanting to buy the best looking toy for your kid. After all, we are all visual beings and attracted to good looks above everything else. Style and design especially matter in the case of the bast power wheels because these are not only toys but something that your kid would want to show off to his/her friends. Most power wheel toys are designed to be mini versions of 'grown-up' vehicles like Jeep, Hummer, or Ford Mustang. How the vehicle looks in design, shape, and all the way down to the decals on its body are good indicators of its quality. Keep this in mind while you look for the best power wheels for your kid.
- Battery: Power wheel cars run on electric batteries, which imply that the size and potency of the battery will influence the vehicle's speed, power, and how long it runs. The size of the readily usually serves as a good indicator of its life and the maximum speed it can make the car reach. 6V batteries often allow a vehicle of this sort to travel at the speed of 2.5 mph for an approximate duration of 1 hour. A 12V battery can power a car to run at a speed of 5 mph for around three hours tops. The battery type is yet another crucial factor that you must take into account when looking for the best power wheels.
- Customizable features: Customization plays a big part of riding a power wheel, which is why some of the best power wheels offer an extensive array of features. Your kid will no doubt love the additional features of this item, but we must also bear in mind the fact that the cost of these models goes up depending on the number of available customizable features. You'll find power wheels being sold ranging at a price starting from a couple of hundred dollars to thousands, depending on the number and type of features included in the model. Nowadays, you can choose products that even come with FM radio, LED lights, and many other fancy things that truly make these toys replicate the real thing.
- Brand: Nothing perhaps plays a greater role in determining the quality of your purchase than its brand. This rule applies in the case of almost every product that we can think of including, the best power wheels for kids. A company that has been in the market for a very long time is likely to be more reliable than start-ups that are popping up like mushrooms nowadays.
However, this in no way implies that newer companies are incompetent and you should only buy power wheels and other toys from expensive brands. The point is you should always do your due diligence and find out details of a brand and the products they manufacture to make an informed purchase. Brand matters, but so does your due diligence as a parent.
- Safety: Safety is another aspect that you have to look into when looking at the best power wheels. Because, at the end of the day, your child will be driving this on the road. Even though the speed attained by these cars is very low in comparison to actual vehicles, they're not prone to different obstacles that lie on the road. Features like safety belt, comfortable seats, hand rest, and cargo space all add up to providing safety and security to the user of a power wheel. So, keep these things in mind when you're searching for the best power wheels on the market. We promise that it will be completely worth it in the end. 10. Price: Last but not least, the price is something that we can never avoid taking into consideration. After all, very few of us can ever think of making unlimited money. But when it comes to picking out the right gifts for your children, sparing an extra dollar or dozen can only be beneficial. For instance, you'll find plenty of features -enriched our wheels costing well over a couple of hundred dollars. Regardless of your budget, you can indeed pick out the best product by doing a bit of research on various brands dealing with best power wheels. However, if it ever comes to choosing between low price and quality, always go for the latter because the saying 'you get what you pay for applies here as well.
Is it necessary for me to buy a Power Wheel having a warranty?
Not every power wheel car comes with a warranty, but you may want to consider this because it will help to counterbalance extra future expenses. Even though we always hope for the best, it's not uncommon for various parts within the motor or the battery to fail. The cost of replacing these parts can get quite expensive if you have to pay for yourself. So get only the best power wheels if your budget permits.
This is where having a seller warranty would work in your favor as the manufacturer of will be legally obliged to take care of damaged or malfunctioning parts. It's highly recommended that you purchase the best power wheels that come with a warranty, especially if you buy online.
Things to check when buying the best power wheels
Once you have made the decision on which power to purchase, be sure to check for the following aspects before bringing it home:
The sturdiness and durability of the material using which the power wheel has been made Thoroughly check the wheels for any anomalies Check the strength and ruggedness of the power wheel's frame Doubly check the engine when it starts and make a note of irregularities if any Follow the setup manual exactly to the dot to ensure proper functioning Not every parent possesses knowledge about complex technology that goes into making power wheels. Ensuring that everything is up to standards and fully functional will not only give you the peace of mind knowing you made the right purchase, but also make your child proud.
Thrill on the wheel!
Which child doesn't relish the chance to jump on a toy that moves around? And what possibly could be better than a toy that moves on its own power? That is the biggest charm of the best power wheels and why these products have continued to gain so much popularity among children of all ages. Power wheels are also becoming safer with every new release as well thanks to the rising popularity. Picking the right product for your kid is necessary as it will allow them to get out there and have fun. It will also ensure their safety at all times so that your little one is protected during his/her playtime.
Power Wheels battery maintenance tips!
A lot of people are skeptical about buying their kids power wheels toys because they feel that the battery life of these toys is not built to last. Their apprehension is understandable because these are after all electric Ride on cars meant for children. This doesn't, however, mean that you cannot extend the battery of the power wheels. This section of our guide will answer every query that you may have regarding the batteries of the best power wheels.
01. How often should I recharge the batteries?
You should charge the batteries for at least 14 hours minimum after each use of the vehicle or whenever the car begins to show the signs of slowing down. When your kid is not riding the car or when it's not in regular use, remember to charge the batteries at least once every month until the time normal use is resumed.
02. How long will my kid be able to ride after the battery has been charged?
This mainly depends on the power wheel model and size of its battery. Usually, riding time of the best power wheels is affected by the following factors:
Weight of the passenger Driving surface The charge remaining in the battery Whether the
vehicle is used extensively or sparsely If the vehicle is moving in slow or high-speed The condition of the connectors and electrical switches Outside environmental temperature The quality of the car matters a lot, but not even the best power wheels can outlast the normal battery life if the external conditions don't favor it.
03. What's the average life expectancy of a battery?
Battery life mostly varies on how well you follow the battery care instructions. The total number of hours also affects the batteries along with few other external factors like outside weather, quality of the battery, etc. You can typically expect a battery to last an average of 1 to 3 years. If you have any reason to suspect that there might be a problem with the charger, don't hesitate to get in touch with the manufacturer for repair or replacement.
04. When and how should I store the power wheel?
Even the best power wheels require proper care when not in use. During rainy or snowy weather, store the vehicle inside or under any protective cover. This will prevent the model from not only attracting dirt but also reduce the chances of falling prey to rust or mold. Also, do not forget to recharge the batteries at least one time a month even if the vehicle is not in use.
05. How should I dispose of the power wheels battery?
Due to the high level of toxicity, never place used batteries inside of a regular trash as it may harm the environment. Instead, try to return the battery to a federal or state approved battery recycling factory.
06. Can batteries of best power wheels get overcharged?
Yes, we highly recommend that you do not leave the power of the battery to run more than 12 to 15 hours in a single session. The battery charger that comes with every power wheel is not an automatic charger that can sense when the battery is fully charged and shut itself off automatically. Leaving the battery to charge for more than the stipulated time can lead to damage of the inner plates of even the best power wheels due to the generation of excessive heat. If the battery is left on the charger long enough, it might also swell up in size and finally crack open.
At the end of the day, all of us concerned parents want one thing and one thing only - to see our little ones smile. There's perhaps nothing that can bring a smile on a toddler's face better than unwrapping a huge box to find one of the best power wheels right in front, waiting for them to take it outside. Our choice of the best power wheels promises 100% satisfaction and durability to last a long time with only a minimal amount of care. You don't need an excuse to make your child happy, so don't wait for Christmas; buy this product now and light up their faces like you've never seen before. Not to mention, you'll also be the obvious winner of the Best Parent Award.
Single Product Review for you: