The Fisher-Price Power Wheels Kawasaki KFX is definitely the best power wheels vehicle right now. The look itself will convince your little ones that they are driving a real ATV. It features a green design and a size large enough to accommodate kids as old as eight years old. In many respects, this power wheels vehicle is superior to other competitor products.
Product Features and Benefits
- High speed: The thrill of ATVs is in speed and rough terrain. This doesn’t just apply to grownups- even kids experience that nice feeling when driving fast. This product maximizes on that by allowing a maximum speed of six mph, which is pretty high for a vehicle meant for kids.If you think this is very high and dangerous for your kids, there is no need to worry. You can set the maximum speed to 3 mph using the speed lock feature. This is particularly important when your kids are just learning to drive their power wheels. The vehicle can reverse at a maximum speed of 3 mph. A twist grip throttle revs the vehicle to its maximum speed, and this happens in a way that perfectly simulates the real life experience. Although it does not exactly produce the Vr000rn sound that is typical of real ATVs, the grip throttle revs the vehicle to top speed in a way that makes it more real like and generally makes the experience more exciting.
- Wheels meant for a rough terrain: Like a real ATV, this power wheels vehicle is designed for a rough terrain. The wheels are big and should be able to even cross a muddy place comfortably. They are made of some hard plastic material. If you go through a rough place, or even a grassy area, make sure the speed lock is off. Driving at high speed will allow your child to cross rough terrains much more easily. Otherwise, the trip will be slow and boring, and the car can even get stuck.
- Foot pedal and twist throttle: Most power wheels are only operated using the foot pedal and the steering wheel. The foot pedal is usually used for acceleration, just like in real cars. For this particular toy, the foot pedal cannot accelerate to the top speed. On the other hand, with the twist throttle, the vehicle is able to accelerate to the maximum speed. If you choose to set the maximum speed to 3 mph, then the twist throttle will only accelerate the car to that speed. The twist throttle adds flavor to this vehicle since it makes it more like a real ATV vehicle.
- Long lasting 12V batteries: This power wheels vehicle runs on 12V batteries. When you first purchase the vehicle, you will need to let it charge for about 18 hours. Otherwise, you may experience complications. The batteries last exceptionally long. In some cases, they even go for a full three hours. Usually, the battery should last for over two hours, and in the worst cases, it should go for a little over an hour. The original package of the power wheels includes the battery and the charger. Replacements can be obtained from the manufacturer. The battery is positioned under the seat, so you will have to take the seat off in order to access it. You also have to unplug the motor before plugging in the charger.
- Sleek style: Stylish is the word you could use to describe this toy. Your kids will first fall in love with it because of the design. It is made to resemble a real ATV vehicle in every way. It is green in color and has large wheels capable of going through unfriendly terrains. This isn’t the type of vehicle that will get stuck in mud or roads with no tarmac. The grip throttle is another aspect of this power wheels vehicle that is sure to impress your kids. It doesn’t have a steering wheel like most other similar products. Instead, it has a grip throttle which can be used to accelerate. The parts of this vehicle are made of a hard plastic material, and you should, therefore, expect it to last for a good period of time. It is highly likely that your kids will simply outgrow the toy.
What We Like :
- Comes with a long lasting battery
- Is very close to what a real ATV is like
- Is made of hard plastic
- Has a double throttle function
- Has a speed control function
- Is capable of going through rough terrain
- Easy to assemble
What We Didn’t Like :
- Lacks remote control
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
1. What age group is this product meant for?
Ans: The vehicle is meant to be used by children between the ages of 36 months and eight years.
2. Should I use the grip throttle or the foot pedal to accelerate?
Ans: Both can be used for the same function. However, the foot pedal will not accelerate the vehicle to maximum speed. If you need to rev the power wheels vehicle to maximum speed, then you will have to use the grip throttle. The grip throttle should be more thrilling for kids. Remember that if you set the maximum speed to 3 mph, that is what the grip throttle will accelerate to.
3. How long does the battery last?
Ans: The battery lasts for up to 3 hours.
4. What material are the tires made of?
Ans: They are made of plastic.
5. How do you recharge the battery?
Ans: Just lift the seat, and underneath it, you will find the battery. Unplug the motor and plug in the battery to the power source. If you are charging it for the first time, let it charge for 18 hours.
6. Can this be driven over grass?
Ans: Yes, it can. It can even be driven over rough roads and slightly steep places. You will probably need to increase the speed of the vehicle so that it can move in such places.
7. What color is this model?
Ans: The vehicle is green in color.
Being a Fisher Price product, you shouldn’t be surprised to know that this is among the best power wheels vehicles in the market. It can withstand harsh conditions and roads, just like a real ATV and can go for miles without having to be recharged. You should really consider getting this toy as a gift for your young one.